Dig?

Adventures of a surly urban gardener and the guerrilla tactics she uses to fight crime and infestations in a community garden and her own backyard.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

...because, it - you know - happens

Yay! Look what came this morning! I ordered it from composters.com last week with some babysitting money.
Fresh off the Truck

And I got a little innoculant to start my whole compost pile going. Barley thinks it smells GOOD.
Interesting...

I decided on the Garden Gourmet because I've read good reviews, it's compact, and I can hide it behind the clematis quite well.

It only took about 30 minutes to set up, including dragging the heavy box 'round to the back. Check it, 'cos this is the only time you'll find it empty.
Empty

Just in case you forget what is compostable and what is not, there's a friendly pictorial guide on the lid.
Garden Gourmet's Friendly Warnings

Barley is helping prepare some of the bigger sticks in our yard for the composter.
Composter

Thanks, babe!
Ready for the Bin

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger DancingFish said...

Does it say that chicken is compostable? I can't decipher the diagram but it certainly looks like a whole chicken to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home